• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Add an Unignore Feature / Ignore List

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4089

Proposal:
Currently there is no way to unignore a player that you have ignored in the chat. There is also no way to ignore someone that isn't chatting while you are online (which DOES matter, as someone annoying you via mail may not use the chat feature).
With my proposal a menu would be added under the town hall, allowing players to unignore any ignored players.
This menu would also allow players to add to their ignore list without clicking a name in chat.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes. Searched ignore and unignore, couldn't find any other ideas.

Reason:
This would stop players from having to put up with anoying spam or abuse via mail system, as players could be ignored via the menu.
Currently all ignores have to be undone by a moderator
It is very easy to ignore by accident, .This means a lot of time being unable to chat to a friend until a mod fixes it.
It would allow moderators to spend more time dealing with real issues, not undoing ignores.
It would be simple to ignore someone for an hour until they calm down, then remove it.
It would allow players to see who they currently have ignored.
It would allow players to easily unignore someone who may have changed their behaviour.
A new player can accidentally ignore a player helping them, and not know the complicated route to fix it.

Details:
It would look very much like the guild invite screen(See Visual Aids)
The player would be given a box to type in a player name they want to ignore, and a button to search and ignore.

Below would be a list of all currently ignored players (and when they were ignored) along with a button to remove the ignore.

Visual Aids:
IRvdESt.png

Balance: N/A

Abuse Prevention: N/A

Summary:
Let players be able to remove and ignore, and add an ignore without clicking in chat.
All the details are available in the back-end, and the interface is the same as Guild Invites. so it should be simple to implement.

DeletedUser

+1

I've used a system where it is possible to ignore, unignore and see the list of people that you have ignored, and it is very useful. Having the options in the interface will make it easy to use, and I'm sure support will be happy not to receive tickets about unignoring players.

Also, having the option out of chat will mean it is less likely that a player clicks on ignore instead of whisper when the chat moves....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser101150

As a player, I have to say it is a great idea that is long overdue. You have also proposed a very detailed solution.
My vote.....

Agreed

DeletedUser7719

lol Barti, did you talk about this suggestion with the mods/Support? I thought this is one of those ideas where the devs are planning to implement anyways, but just in case it isn't: +1 from me!

P.S. Looks like someone hates to Cuddle :p

DeletedUser4089

lol Barti, did you talk about this suggestion with the mods/Support?
I may have spoken to a few of them :D

I thought this is one of those ideas where the devs are planning to implement anyways, but just in case it isn't: +1 from me!
I think so too, but I'm hoping this will speed it up. (When ignoring it says you can unignore via settings)
Thanks for the +1

P.S. Looks like someone hates to Cuddle :p
I prefer squishy hugs

All the mods said:
...Barti is awesome...
Thanks all :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

hmmm
this has got possibility's, if you can ignore admins etc then it would get a huge thumbs up from me : )

DeletedUser97349

+1 from me, for not putting me on the ignore list :D

Oh and its a good idea and all that...

DeletedUser

Just wondering if this can be expanded to include options to whisper and possibly report a player that's not in chat? I've just been asked if you can whisper a friend who isn't chatting, and it doesn't seem to be possible with the current setup - the player's name needs to be in chat so that you can access the report/whisper/ignore functions.

Currently it is possible to message a player who is not chatting, but it seems a bit long-winded to have to send a message to say that you want to whisper someone.

DeletedUser4089

The ability to report a player not in chat, I assume you mean for mail violations, would fall under a different area of adding a report button to the mailbox.

The ability to whisper a player not showing in chat is a little more complicated, and a little outwith the scope of this idea.

DeletedUser

I think I was seeing if I could add the whisper feature onto the ignore/unignore feature, instead of having to propose a new idea. Okay, off to the drawing board....

DeletedUser4089

I think I was seeing if I could add the whisper feature onto the ignore/unignore feature, instead of having to propose a new idea. Okay, off to the drawing board....

Well, I think using mail to get another player into whisper would be easier then going through town hall etc.
If the other player doesn't have the chat opened, they wouldn't see the whisper open up anyway.
And if they are in chat, it's just as easy to say, "hey xyz, whisper me", than go through a couple of menus to open up a whisper to them.

That's my thoughts on it anyway.

DeletedUser

Well, I think using mail to get another player into whisper would be easier then going through town hall etc.
If the other player doesn't have the chat opened, they wouldn't see the whisper open up anyway.
And if they are in chat, it's just as easy to say, "hey xyz, whisper me", than go through a couple of menus to open up a whisper to them.

That's my thoughts on it anyway.

That is a good point; I don't always see whispers opening up unless the player has said 'hey, I'm whispering you'. They don't stand out that much and are easy to miss. But another player was asking if he could whisper someone who wasn't in chat and thought it was rather long-winded to send a mail to say 'can I whisper you'.

Status
Not open for further replies.