• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is anyone using a tablet to play this?

DeletedUser

I was wondering if anyone has tried using a tablet to play this game?
Even if it's only to access the town and collect

What tablet have you tried with?
How does it work? Is there even enough memory to load it?
Good or Bad? Success or failure?

DeletedUser2456

Currently, I dont think Tablets and Mobile devices can connect to the game due to the high amount of moemory, storage and Adobe flash player it uses.
Regards,
Chromeozone

DeletedUser

Android only has Flash 11.1 and Forge of Empires says it requires Flash 11.2 so it won't even load the game to try.

The game seems to be completely playable without right-click though, so I wish it would work with the older Flash beause then I would definitely play it from my tablet (Asus Transformer).

DeletedUser276

on some tablets the game works. I have an Ipad I use when on the move and not sitting at home. I can connect but cannot scroll or move around the game or the forums. I basically can only see the top of whatever posts.

DeletedUser2974

I think FoE has some ideas about making this game compatible for the iPad, simply because of the poll they had some people fill out not too long ago asking how many people had iPads, iPhones, other tablets, etc. I'm sure if enough people have an apple device, that they would play on, the FoE developers would make it compatible. I personally hope they do. During the school year I hardly touch my laptop, but my iPad goes with me everywhere.

Here's hoping they abandon flash. :cool:

DeletedUser942

I use an iPad2 to collect taxes, restart productions, apply forge points to research, etc. - it can be challenging but it gets the job done.

I use the iSwifter app to access the game, so that requires a WiFi connection - so I'm getting very familiar with where the free WiFi spots are when I'm away from home.

DeletedUser2974

I use an iPad2 to collect taxes, restart productions, apply forge points to research, etc. - it can be challenging but it gets the job done.

I use the iSwifter app to access the game, so that requires a WiFi connection - so I'm getting very familiar with where the free WiFi spots are when I'm away from home.

iSwifter? I have never heard of that, but now I'm very intrigued as to what it might be. What is it exactly?

DeletedUser

Help

Get a pc tablet

What would be the cheapest pc tabletto invest in please its only for when i am in bed to check myforge save keep oming downstairs as i have a little one asleep andi cant take pc up and dont really want a laptop x

DeletedUser

I'm using an iPad3 and paid the small fee to buy Photon, a web browser app that supports Flash. The catch is that is it running Flash on its own server and not your device, so the results have to be sent back to you. Once in a while their servers don't connect so I can't access Flash content, but when it is working I don't have any real trouble playing the game. In its default mode you can't see the tool-tips but you can change to a mode that gives you a mouse pointer if you really need it.

DeletedUser4779

I've got still ipad one; installed "photon", and yes, it works!, goes it bit slower than on pc, but it goes terrific! There are special buttons, to work with a mouse, and for moving the map of the village on the screen, etc...

DeletedUser

A bit too late I guess but after this game upgraded to adobe 11.3 I cannnot play it on my phone/ipad anymore. Before I used to used puffin. It still works with other games.

DeletedUser

Any Windows 8 tablet should run the game fine. Others... not so much from what I've experienced. That's not a cheap solution but if you want to replace both your laptop and your tablet anyway....

DeletedUser

I know it's just a workaround but some might find it useful:

You can run your game on your home computer and just access it remotely via iPhone or iPad and override the fact that there are no apple device browsers that support higher flash versions. I did it by installing LogMeIn (free version is enough) both on my PC and my iPhone. Than you just start the remote access session and you can still pick up the resources and do the basic stuff like with Puffin or alike. The principle is the same anyway (running flash on remote server which in this case is your own PC).

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser653

iSwifter app is a IOS app that supports flash and hence allows FOE to run on a IOS device. Tried lots of suggestions for Android but none seem to work. I guess remote logging in should work.
Inno announced at games launch that we will get a standard IOS method of playing later this year and it was also announced that Grepolis will have a Android option so FOE might be next.

So is anyone using an android device to play?
and is anyone using a Nokia Windows 8 phone to play?

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
I'm using Splashtop on a Nexus 7 (Android)
Basically it enables me to remotely access my PC.
Works well although small screen size means moving around a lot more than I do on the PC

DeletedUser13805

I think FoE has some ideas about making this game compatible for the iPad, simply because of the poll they had some people fill out not too long ago asking how many people had iPads, iPhones, other tablets, etc. I'm sure if enough people have an apple device, that they would play on, the FoE developers would make it compatible. I personally hope they do. During the school year I hardly touch my laptop, but my iPad goes with me everywhere.

Here's hoping they abandon flash. :cool:

they need to first make it compatiable with a pc running flash : )

DeletedUser97059

I also use Photon browser on my Ipad and it works without any problems. The only issue is data traffic if you are on mobile connection. I tried using free version of photon on my Samsung galaxy S3, but it doesn't work, and I don't know why. That is why I'm getting Iphone 5s as soon they start selling it in my country.