• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Motivated Buildings cannot be plundered

DeletedUser

I previously opened this as a bug and discovered that this was an intended feature:

Did a test with my guildy after exiting the guild. He let me know that his King production was ready. I won the battle but the King could not be plundered, only the non motivated buildings could.

I have a problem with this feature and I think most of the top players will. Let me elaborate:

Since most of the InA towns held by top players need around 50 motivations per day, this feature makes plundering impossible. These towns get all their buidlings motivateded long before productions are ready.

Guild Wars without plundering will get old pretty soon.
The game will be only about who has the time to do more battles against weaker opponents and who can farm more supplies.

Inno should seriously change this if they want to make the game interesting for top players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6461

Hi Mr. Dukes.
This is not a bug. Motivated Buildings are intended for not to get plundered. So, it's time to ask your Guildies to get all your houses and productions motivated before your neighbors can plunder :)

DeletedUser

Hi Mr. Dukes.
This is not a bug. Motivated Buildings are intended for not to get plundered. So, it's time to ask your Guildies to get all your houses and productions motivated before your neighbors can plunder :)

Since the majority of players in CA and InA set their supplies and houses on 1 day durations to maximize supply/coin productions with GBs, this would mean basically that we will have virtually no plundering with guild wars since one needs around 50 motivations per day, which means whole towns motivated with little effort long before productions are ready.

I doubt this was intended coz it will spoil a lot of gameplay if we are unable to plunder when guild wars are out.

DeletedUser6461

It's true that those players who are in a good guild and have more helpful friends will always get benefited than the other casual players.
But note that goods cannot be motivated so they are susceptible for plunders.
Also, if you collect your productions and houses in time plundering will be far-from-reality for your neighbors.
I have noticed that the most active players are always get the edge on this game.

DeletedUser

It's true that those players who are in a good guild and have more helpful friends will always get benefited than the other casual players.
But note that goods cannot be motivated so they are susceptible for plunders.
Also, if you collect your productions and houses in time plundering will be far-from-reality for your neighbors.
I have noticed that the most active players are always get the edge on this game.

I dont know how you play kinjoseph, but I'm speaking on behalf of top players who burnt the InA tech tree in a matter of days, who have their towns designed to maximum efficiency and who dont even need to be in a top guild to have all their buildings motivated. The strategy of keeping all the productions and houses on 1 day with San Marco, Lighthouse and Royal bonuses is already mainstream and used by most top players for a simple reason: it is the most productive one by far. The goods in these towns are not even produced coz they are got already from GBs.

These players have high expectations of Guild Wars and if you remove the possibility of plunder, the game will get stale pretty soon again, just as it happened with new era releases.

DeletedUser

Kingjoseph is correct.

This is not a bug, and has been this way for a very long time :) So yes, it is intended.

Perhaps it is harder to plunder top players this way - but not impossible. Until now with all the support rounds I do, I've never seen all buildings being motivated, unless a player was away on holiday or for whatever reason.

Ergo, not a bug - will send this thread over to there.

DeletedUser6461

I got you Mr. Duke.
You are suggesting an improvement to the existing system. if so, you can create one by fill up the below template at ideas section
Proposal:

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aids:

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
or else you can discuss this subject at the Game Discussions

Edit: Pen is mightier than sword-I mean Pendragon has overtaken me :cool:

DeletedUser

I guarantee that my town (and most towns of top players where I play) are impossible to plunder with this "intended" feature. If this was intended, Inno should seriously consider changing it. ASAP.

Being able to plunder productions, especially 1 day productions (which in turn will have an effect on rankings as well) will give a spike this game needs.

Edit: Ok, thx. Please move it to game discussions, I will open the CR later on.

DeletedUser9070

Worth also mentioning that higher age players have more buildings so in the event that someone get luckily enough to plunder anything the impact is fairly minimal for the target whereas it can be a huge set back for lower age players, especially if several active plunderers.

DeletedUser

Worth also mentioning that higher age players have more buildings so in the event that someone get luckily enough to plunder anything the impact is fairly minimal for the target whereas it can be a huge set back for lower age players, especially if several active plunderers.

This would not be true if motivated buildings could be plundered. We are talking about getting around 50k supplies or 17k coins in one hit.

DeletedUser1983

We are talking about getting around 50k supplies or 17k coins in one hit.

You would only get the base value, i.e. 2420 coins or about 7k supplies (1 day WW production).
That said, I wasn't aware of this but I like this new approach. Perhaps farmers would stop complaining so much and hating us poor fighters so much?

DeletedUser

You would only get the base value, i.e. 2420 coins or about 7k supplies (1 day WW production).
That said, I wasn't aware of this but I like this new approach. Perhaps farmers would stop complaining so much and hating us poor fighters so much?

Well, if this feature (plundering motivated buildings) never existed as I discovered today, who's to say that you should get only the base value? I think we should be able to plunder the same amount one is able to collect.

I dont think its the farmers of CA and InA who are complaining but the guys from lower ages who collect 8h productions or goods. This change would benefit only the gameplay at higher levels. I think its a MUST HAVE for Guild Wars.

DeletedUser

I think its a MUST HAVE for Guild Wars.

OMG, stop complaining... Guild Wars are not even about plundering other players, it has been stated over and over again. Guild Wars has not even been announced yet and you're already concerned about the issues? Seriusly?

Do you really think that the best they could do with the term "Guild Wars" is to just turn it into a farming feast or yet another tournament?

From what I've heard, Guild Wars will be much more in the style of Risk. Multiple guilds will fight for provinces and maybe even continents, where the different provinces or continents propably will give some smaller bonus to all guild members as long as the area is controlled. This is just what I've heard so far, as said, nothing has been officially announced yet. But I'm pretty sure that they will come up with something better than just plundering each other...

DeletedUser276

Since the majority of players in CA and InA set their supplies and houses on 1 day durations to maximize supply/coin productions with GBs, this would mean basically that we will have virtually no plundering with guild wars since one needs around 50 motivations per day, which means whole towns motivated with little effort long before productions are ready.

I doubt this was intended coz it will spoil a lot of gameplay if we are unable to plunder when guild wars are out.

You dont plunder other players in guild wars.

OMG, stop complaining... Guild Wars are not even about plundering other players, it has been stated over and over again. Guild Wars has not even been announced yet and you're already concerned about the issues? Seriusly?

Do you really think that the best they could do with the term "Guild Wars" is to just turn it into a farming feast or yet another tournament?

From what I've heard, Guild Wars will be much more in the style of Risk. Multiple guilds will fight for provinces and maybe even continents, where the different provinces or continents propably will give some smaller bonus to all guild members as long as the area is controlled. This is just what I've heard so far, as said, nothing has been officially announced yet. But I'm pretty sure that they will come up with something better than just plundering each other...

mmmmmaybe ;)

DeletedUser

OMG, stop complaining...
Don't flame unnecessarily but keep the discussion constructive.

This is going a bit off topic, but yeah, you are right. We dont know anything about Guild Wars and I might be wrong to assume that it will involve PvP. If you are right and there will be no PvP with Guild Wars but just fights for territories which can be conquered and lost, I know I will be disappointed.

My topic nevertheless is about enabling plundering for motivated buildings. With current state of affairs, the buildings of InA top players remain unplunderable, which I dont think was intended.

Edit: Thx Blacksmith for the spoiler. Was expecting something different though...

DeletedUser

mmmmmaybe ;)

HAH! :p That must mean that I'm right! :p Otheways you would have said "nooooo" :p

but yeah, you are right. We dont know anything about Guild Wars and I might be wrong to assume that it will involve PvP. If you are right and there will be no PvP with Guild Wars but just fights for territories which can be conquered and lost, I know I will be disappointed.

I would rather say that Guild Wars will finally bring real PvP to the game as I hardly belive that a guilds defending army will be controlled by a dumb AI.

This is going a bit off topic

You took the step into Guild Wars, I just followed you ;)

DeletedUser

Just sayin' I like mot/no plunder the way it is so I would -1 any plan to change it.

DeletedUser6065

Just sayin' I like mot/no plunder the way it is so I would -1 any plan to change it.
Agree. It's gonna be called Guild Wars, not Guild Plunder. If you want to change the name, submit it in Ideas. -1 for the Original Post, and a future -1 should it indeed turn up in Ideas. A 'pair of pants' to this one (see what I did there?). . . . . mk