• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB pushing or any type of Cheating

• Thread starter DeletedUser13737
  • Start date

DeletedUser13737

If a player is caught cheating whether it be GB pushing why just remove their Great Buildings that have been involved in the rule breaking? Why not delete their account and perma ban them from the game? When you simply remove the Great buildings that were involved that player has still gained an unfair advantage in the game and once they cross that line why would they stop there?

DeletedUser7719

Isn't losing that GB enough? Those things are powerful, and if you loose it, a big part in your progression is gone.
Blacksmith also mentioned earlier that every deserves a second chance :)

EDIT: His reply in another thread:
I delete any and all great buildings that have been cheated on that I find. Even if it was cheated with only 1 forge point. To me cheating is cheating. So they lose all bps, and resources spent constructing the great building, they also can lose out on some of the benefits that the great building has given to them since the cheating started.

I dont usually ban players for this because the loss of the great building is a big blow. And usually when they lose one great building there are signs of cheating with others so they lose those as well. If however the cheating is extreme and they try to be sneaky by using proxy or other ways then Their accounts could be banned permanently thereby losing any and all benefits their account has gained and have to start from scratch.

I look every day for breaches. I like giving these heads up though more for the fact that I think its funny watching some squirm knowing whats coming for them ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6461

Please read this post from the CCM:
Thanks pen. I think he was referring to the swedish servers. I will explain the punishments I give for the ones I find. Each server has its own guides for this.

I delete any and all great buildings that have been cheated on that I find. Even if it was cheated with only 1 forge point. To me cheating is cheating. So they lose all bps, and resources spent constructing the great building, they also can lose out on some of the benefits that the great building has given to them since the cheating started.

I dont usually ban players for this because the loss of the great building is a big blow. And usually when they lose one great building there are signs of cheating with others so they lose those as well. If however the cheating is extreme and they try to be sneaky by using proxy or other ways then Their accounts could be banned permanently thereby losing any and all benefits their account has gained and have to start from scratch. This has been done to premium buyers as well where they spent diamonds on a great building thinking that since they spent money they should get the bp back or the gb back to level 1. That dont work that way.

I look every day for breaches. I like giving these heads up though more for the fact that I think its funny watching some squirm knowing whats coming for them ;)
I think this will clear most of your doubts :)
Edit: Oh.. Byeordie was faster. so you can read these threads :GB Pushing: & GB Pushing Stay Civil for further discussions on this issue.

DeletedUser13737

Yes losing a Great Building or Buildings is a great blow but I'd just say kick them out of the game with zero tolerance which would provide an even greater deterrent. Otherwise they still have gained some benefit and it seems like it's the same guild or guilds that seem to have players that have Great Buildings taken away.

A number of us who now play FOE came from a pirate game run by a different company that became so rampant with cheaters that it simply became a game of who had the best and latest cheat. 98% of the good honest players left the game and the game is just a shell of what it once was with a very low amount of players actually logging in. Ironically those cheaters are now crying that they have no one to play against. We had invested years and a great deal of money playing that game hanging on to what turned out to be empty promises by that company that they would deal with it but it became too little or too late. That game is now basically the walking dead. lol

I'd say if they cross that line in cheating kick em! lol Zero tolerance! Otherwise it devalues the time and money the rest of us honest players who have played the game in good faith.

DeletedUser6461

Hi VikkiVille,
If we start kick all the members for each and every mistakes they do, either it's GB pushing or multi-accounting or anything else, we would not have any players here at the end :( I believe in: "to err is human to forgive is divine". So it would be fair that those Pushers are given a proper warning for the first time with a suitable penalty and if they repeat their mistakes, the most serious actions will be taken against them. Also, as mentioned in the above quote of CCM, the removal of GB itself is a big blow for sure :cool: Also, the person who got this penalty will take too much time to recover and indeed will affect his credibility among his guild and neighborhood (at some extend) since the GB removal is visible and evident in nature.

DeletedUser

@VikkiVille I sometimes feel the same way. In addition I would decapitate them and disembowel the remains and feed the entrails to my chickens.

Fortunately there are saner administrators who fit the punishment to the crime and who understand what they can and cannot within the law.

DeletedUser3157

Hey VikkiVille. Almost all of the higher ranked players I've seen losing their GBs have quit the game immediately after that happening. I would think in about 90% cases that punishment is enough to break players.

DeletedUser13737

Hmm! I'm tempted to message those players in my neighborhood that if they continue donating forge points to his last and only GB that I'll attack and plunder them if they continue to support this cheater.

DeletedUser276

well if you read what I said there closely *no one ever does* I stated that the great buildings are lost. Usually people spend diamonds on some part of this so they lose their own money. IF the cheating is pretty rampant I perma ban the player. But that has to be an extreme case.

Here is my logic why. Almost everyone deserves a chance. As you said people on other games try to find loopholes and take advantage of them. They figure that its done on most of the other games out there so why not here. The loss of the great buildings is their warning. Though it can be an expensive warning. If I find a person cheating a second time.. they are gone with no chance of returning. I already get messages from cheaters saying they spent real money so I am taking something away that they paid for yadda yadda... whine whine, I demand a refund snivel snivel. Auto Perma banning is a bit hard for all cases. I know sites out there that do that. But really... with the gbs gone I sometimes empty the persons account of goods and supplies and coin if I find its an obvious attempt as well... plus removal of some regular buildings that look to be bought with the proceeds of the cheating.

see tons of things that happen behind the scenes. I just dont like broadcasting exactly what it is I do or how I do it :P But all depends on the severity and from what I see intent of the cheating.

DeletedUser5180

If we start kick all the members for each and every mistakes they do, either it's GB pushing or multi-accounting or anything else, we would not have any players here at the end :(

Am i correct in reading between the lines here that if EVERY player guilty of GB pushing or multi-accounting was perma-banned the game would be virtually playerless..?

also i believe if a player has high level GBs for a good while the extra pvp points gained through attack / defence boosts, extra forge points gained every 24 hrs, massive increases in gold and supplies collections would be worth the risk if the only punishment were losing the GB, but that player may not take the risk if a perma ban was a guaranteed outcome.

I'd like to propose a suggestion of a certain cut off date being announced where any cheating discovered that occured before that date results in GB loss, after that date then perma ban. Every player would know the punishment and if caught then tough luck

DeletedUser

Am i correct in reading between the lines here that if EVERY player guilty of GB pushing or multi-accounting was perma-banned the game would be virtually playerless..?

I think that makes the molehill into a mountain. You would be more correct to suggest that if every player guilty of breaking a rule was perma banned then the game would be virtually playerless. Breaking a rule could be as simple as using a forbidden word in chat.

Point is we are all human. We all make mistakes. The 'corrective measures' must fit the severity of the mistake. Those measures are decided upon by our own Blacksmith and the people he reports to.

DeletedUser13737

I agree mistakes can happen and those being honest mistakes and I see the justification for a warning. It would be very disheartening for an honest player to find that one or a few of their Great Buildings were being leveled up by an illegal account and that honest player didn't know it or they would have reported to support or removed them from their friends list. Talk about being vulnerable! That honest player could be set up by less ethical players or whatever reasons. I would hope and put my faith in those investigating these accounts that they can see what is really going on. It must be incredibly time consuming and I appreciate their efforts!

I just get disgusted and am amazed when I see a pattern of behavior by a particular guild that has a history of members either getting perma banned or periodically having their Great Buildings removed. First it's a reputation then you actually see it happen time and time again. You think you have a good relationship with other players in your neighborhood in the spirit of good healthy competition win or lose while having fun only to find out that player a member of this particular guild has actually been confirmed to be another major cheater. Then I have no sympathy for them.

This is a game! We all invest time and some of us money but unfortunately for some players their self esteem must be so low that they need to resort to cheating for gratification to feel better about themselves.

DeletedUser8994

I wish I had not seen this thread. I have been going on about this subject in another thread. It bug's when quite frankly some people cheat and benefit by it.

DeletedUser276

Me as well.

Had one player ingame that got fps on one world then gave fps to the same player on another world. Their argument was that the person was at Iron Age so should be beyond the point of being a push account. I dont think he read the part in the rules about cross world trading. Its a no no even if both parties are in Colonial or Industrial age.

If in appeals I seem unmoving that is because I have hard proof of cheating. I cannot though provide this to the player as this will teach players how we check for cheating to beat the system. If however it gets pushed to a certain point and we are forced to share it then there is no doubt as to the guilt. I have said it a million times. I will not touch gb's unless I am 100% certain of cheating.

DeletedUser

Well it seems pretty clear some people have figured out how to beat the system in my world b/c there is really no room for doubt about what they are doing

DeletedUser

Well it seems pretty clear some people have figured out how to beat the system in my world b/c there is really no room for doubt about what they are doing

I think we've said it dozens of times already... if you see anything suspicious, please inform support! (right-click on your village screen, choose support and follow up from there). All help is appreciated :)

DeletedUser

I and others have done it and it has been a long time, so the only conclusion we can reach is that they found a way around the system. The circumstances really make it clear what is going on, so there isn't another possibility like "maybe they are just lucky and have awesome neighbors and friends."

DeletedUser4195

If we start kick all the members for each and every mistakes they do, either it's GB pushing or multi-accounting or anything else, we would not have any players here at the end .

Bit alarmed by that statement - do really believe that everybody is cheating in some way or another?

DeletedUser7719

He's exaggerating. He just trying to say, everyone, in general, breaks a rule every now and then

DeletedUser6461

It seems some members got me wrong:
I just wanna make my point clear.
As I mentioned in the same post we are all human we make errors in some form or the other and for that very reason we tend to break rules at times may be it's a small mistake like using our local languages within the guild-chat, using inappropriate comments or counters on world- chat (in-game), posting over-sized image in the forum (this forum) or some serious offenses like GB pushing, Multi-accounting (in-game) or advertising (this forum). If Staff start punishing/banning all people for their wrong-doings however small it is, the game will lose many of it's good members for sure. May be someone think otherwise but this is my view :p
When CM promptly mentioned here that he will only ban those members or remove their GBs when he is 100% sure of cheating, I think we have no reason to get alarmed :cool: