Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Town Forge of Empires

- Efficient (space)
    - Convenient (time)
    - Aesthetic (the look)
    - Random (???)

Those are the categories in which i would group different layouts of the cities. It's a bit easier to compare cities that fall in the same category.
    There is no "The best city" in my opinion. The layout is in many cases determined by the purpose of the player.

A player who has little time to spend on the game would make collecting goods/resources/coins a priority. Hence, all 8hr houses are on a row and grouped together (to gather coins without having to click and drag the map). Same for cultural buildings which are best suited on the city borders (sometimes out of the screen) because you needn't do anything with them on daily basis. If a few squares of space here and there that could have been filled up with a house or alchemy are wasted....oh never mind. It's time that counts.

But an active player who is in front of the computer most of the time or very often, would consider space the most precious. Nevermind if a couple of houses are used to fill a corner on the border, far from the group of house. a few seconds to drag the map and collect those coins are not a big deal. The more the better and this is all about space efficiency.

Just like some players don't give a damn about ranking, point size or getting through map and research quickly. They are in this game because they like to sim city. Build some nice roads and decorate the sides with bushes and statues. A city then needs a plaza with fountain and why not a main avenue to the city hall with buildings in perfect symmetry. Pretty city is the name of their game

And some other city layout are there for random purposes. Like having every residential building from all ages or having 2 of each decoration. Some people bring int he game their collection spirit

Afroeurasiaustraliameritarctican Subcontinent
    Surge's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by hint View Post
    Nah it's just a add/promo video. Not really anything he builds there or does with the town makes sense from game-play perspective, it's just meant to look good :P
    Hmm... I wonder who made that video... wait.. hold on. I see the channel name! Why, it's InnoGames!
    Great tacticians always learn that consistency often trumps potential.
    Psst. Hey. Curious about how residences and coins work? Click on my journal. It's right below my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Hmm... I wonder who made that video... wait.. hold on. I see the channel name! Why, it's InnoGames!
    LOL... and the guy commenting the video, is really knowing, what he's talking about.
    Army of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Lodroth View Post
    Here's the forgestats link I promised:
    http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.ph...c4d8455979aac8

- L
    Beautiful design Lorodoth (for me there is beauty in functionality and efficiency)!
    Nothing can beat your use of space.
    However, your approach requires a lot of time (revisiting city planing with every expansion and tech research). Since I dont have a lot of time to play, I have tried to balance the two ways - maximum efficiency in terms of space (brought to perfection by you, so I stole a lot of your ideas ;-) ) vs. block building for easier collection and expansion (standard approach used by most players).
    This is what I came up with:

http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.ph...3c8ea910c362d1

I know, so many guys out of work, but soon I will replace my obsolete military and goods buildings that should deal with that unemployment.
    What do you guys think?

byeordie's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by tien0 View Post
    If most of you have got no city look like cities..
    Talking about cities that don't look like cites (this is my own city):
    http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.ph...2e5007543b1332
    It looks really weird (in real life) when there are 5 churches standing right next each other

As my respone to latest GP additions and the supposed heavy pay2win features that come with it, I have decided to rearrange my town.
    This town is called "pray2win" and anyone is free to drop by and pray for some victory(or BP) while polishing a church.

Spoiler:

byeordie's Journal

Does this mean your not playing anymore (or at least on that world)?
    ByeorDie - Moderate or Dominate!

Questions? Ideas? Need Assistance? That's what the forums are for!

Lodroth's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuke View Post
    Beautiful design Lorodoth (for me there is beauty in functionality and efficiency)!
    Nothing can beat your use of space.
    However, your approach requires a lot of time (revisiting city planing with every expansion and tech research). Since I dont have a lot of time to play, I have tried to balance the two ways - maximum efficiency in terms of space (brought to perfection by you, so I stole a lot of your ideas ;-) ) vs. block building for easier collection and expansion (standard approach used by most players).
    This is what I came up with:

http://www.forgestats.net/map/map.ph...3c8ea910c362d1

I know, so many guys out of work, but soon I will replace my obsolete military and goods buildings that should deal with that unemployment.
    What do you guys think?
    Thanks for the compliment.
    I see you did put some of my designs to good use. Looks good.

Working on something new, but it'll take a while before I'm done with it, as I have a lot less free time anymore.

@ hint: lol

- L

Nice touch
    I like it.

Visit andrelr2001 at Dinegu server. Nice looking town. Comments are appreciated.