Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guilds

Default Guilds

Just what is the point of being in a Guild. I am probably missing some thing. But if your a member of a Guild surely you should be able to trade cheaper

reading this might help you: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/s...angelog-0-10-1
    have fun!

First and foremost I think it’s to promote community. Guilds have a forum where you can talk about the game with other Guild members. This is a great way to spread your knowledge about the game or to gain some new knowledge you didn’t have before.

I think the main reason for Guild though will be implemented very soon. The FoE developers are hard at work on creating a trade system between Guild members. It’s scheduled to launch in world 1 today (June 27th) and is planned to hit the rest of the worlds 2, 3 and 4 next Monday (July 2nd). Once this is launched you will be able to trade with your Guild members. This will give you access to almost every resource you need in the game for a cheaper price than buying from merchants.

Also, I believe in that same game update on Monday the developers of FoE are making it possible to Support your Guild members. This means you will be supported by all of your guild members (up to 79 people) and will also be able to support those same people for the reward of +20 gold per person. That adds up if you do it 79 times! (If all of this is wrong let me know, and I will remove it.)

I hope this helped you see the value in Guilds. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Oh, another good thing about this update on Monday is the ability to view the Guild forums in a separate window. This will make game play and being active on the forums much easier. Just thought I would mention that.

~Ninga78234

Afroeurasiaustraliameritarctican Subcontinent
    Surge's Journal

Ninga, you did, however, missed the point of helping 79 people. While doing so nets you 1,580 gold, it is almost nothing when you are att he highest stage of the game. That is, LMA. You can check my Coin Guide for more details.
    Great tacticians always learn that consistency often trumps potential.
    Psst. Hey. Curious about how residences and coins work? Click on my journal. It's right below my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Ninga, you did, however, missed the point of helping 79 people. While doing so nets you 1,580 gold, it is almost nothing when you are att he highest stage of the game. That is, LMA. You can check my Coin Guide for more details.
    I guess that's true... I still find it useful because I haven't gotten to the highest point in the game yet. But for those who are in Cirgard it will be useful, and for those players who are new in world two and four. Plus if you're just bored in the game at any given moment you could do it just to get some extra coins for the heck of it. It's all just up to the person if it's worth it or not.

Is there a guide for Guild Founders explaining what privileges each of the buttons gives members? For example, "Trusted", "Notifier", etc?

Default How do you create a guild forum?

How do you open a guild forum? I have permissions, but don't see where to create a forum or forum tabs?

If you click on the global tab at the bottom left on your screen, then click your guild, there should be a pop-up window from your guild, and it should open on the guild profile tab. At the bottom left there's an orange tab called guild forum, click that. It should open the forums. If you have the permissions, you should see then a blue tab at the bottom right, called administrator: this one allows you to make new forum sections .

Hope that makes it clear

Quote Originally Posted by Belcher View Post
    Is there a guide for Guild Founders explaining what privileges each of the buttons gives members? For example, "Trusted", "Notifier", etc?
    I don't think so... but here's a quicky :

1) Notifier = Allows the members to write "Guild-messages" to all guild-members in one go.
    2) Trusted = Allows the members access to "hidden" Guild-forum tabs. (NOTE : Does NOT work, unless for Guild-Leaders)
    3) Inviter = Allows the members to Invite other players into the guild.
    4) Moderator = Allows the members to Moderate the Guild-forum.
    5) Leader = All above + authorization to change the Guild-members status and the Guild-profile.
    6) Founder = All above + authorization to Dissolve the Guild.

Thank you King Dael!

Have to amend 2) though:
    I've been trying this out recently, and apparently it does work as intended now , if not, please let me know ^^
    and 6) as a leader, I had the "dissolve" button as well, never tried it though as I didn't want to ruin something, so not sure if it would've stopped me if I had accidentally hit it