Thread: Motivating/Polishing idea

up Motivating/Polishing idea

Hi all,

What bothers me, is that a lot of people either rather will be motivated or polished, but not both... Every now and then i come across a profile text saying:

NO POLISH, NO POLISH, NO POLISH etc.

This is not what a profile text should be used for. Now my idea is the following

Make an option in your profile in which you can enable polish enable motivate or enable both. This could be radio buttons, so always one is selected.

This way people visiting can only do the allowed action(IE what you specified in your profile) and the profile text can be used as a profile text.

Something like this is already available, because the options get greyed out when there is nothing left to polish. So it shouldnt be to hard to implement.

Opinions/Ideas/Improvements welcome

Gr,

Warrant Officer

This idea has been suggested many times before.
    Last edited by FacetiousMike; 30-05-2013 at 21:07. Reason: Original post was non-constructive and written in an insulting manner.

byeordie's Journal

Hi X-ion, What/Where exactly did you search? Something like this would be found in the ideas section, so if you searched through the discussions, there would be little chance of finding it here.
    Searching "polish toggle" or "disable polish" gave me these ideas:
    http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/s...disable+polish
    http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/s...disable+polish
    http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/s...=toggle+polish
    ByeorDye - Wishing Well Tracker

May have lost my yellow, but I still got my sig!

I guess i indeed searched in the wrong subforum,

Thank you!
    Last edited by FacetiousMike; 30-05-2013 at 21:02.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by X-ion View Post
    Hi all,

What bothers me, is that a lot of people either rather will be motivated or polished, but not both... Every now and then i come across a profile text saying:

NO POLISH, NO POLISH, NO POLISH etc.

This is not what a profile text should be used for. Now my idea is the following

Make an option in your profile in which you can enable polish enable motivate or enable both. This could be radio buttons, so always one is selected.

This way people visiting can only do the allowed action(IE what you specified in your profile) and the profile text can be used as a profile text.

Something like this is already available, because the options get greyed out when there is nothing left to polish. So it shouldnt be to hard to implement.

Opinions/Ideas/Improvements welcome

Gr,
    You suggest that instead asking, people could enforce their preferences. Something like a sign in a donation center saying: minimum of 500 bucks, cash only and we don't need your other rubbish. Instead of just plain thank you sign.
    Last edited by FacetiousMike; 31-05-2013 at 20:10. Reason: Profanity

Something like that yeh, you still have the choice to donate or not to donate, and most people will probably put it on both, but when you need extra polish you could use it to 'enforce' people to do so yes.

And the thank you sign is always there, no matter what you do, anyway i think it would be a good addition.

This post is clearly an idea.... 3 problems though:
    a) It's been posted in Game Discussions and not Ideas
    b) It has not been posted in the appropriate Idea Format
    c) As byeordie pointed out, there are three other threads with the same idea.

Therefore... to prevent further duplicate discussion, this thread has been closed
    Founder of The Silver Swords on Greifental

~ Forum/Game Rules ~ Screenshot Instructions ~
    ~ Bug Reporting ~ In-Game Support ~