Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Building Blueprint Drops

Default Great Building Blueprint Drops

I'm going nuts, I know that either on this forum, the beta forum, or the US forum I read where someone claimed to have talked to the developers about the blue print drop rate, but i can't find it now. What I remember though was that the person claimed that the devs indicated that whatever formula they used to randomize blueprint drops recycled after a period of time. I personally notice that it seems like every 1.5 or 2 weeks there will be a day where i will get like 4 blueprints, the next day pick up 2, and then it will be slim pickens for awhile before it seems to 'reset'.

My question though is not where I read that post, but are blueprints drops specific to an individual player or is it more like an Easter egg hunt free-for-all. By Easter egg hunt, I mean do blueprints 'generate' in buildings just waiting for a player to Polish/Motivate and thus anyone Polishing/motivating that particular building could get the blueprint? I always thought, and the person's claim I mentioned above seemed to confirm, that blueprints drops were specific to individual players. If receiving a blueprint is a result of the Easter egg hunt scenario then it would seem there would be an incredibly small chance, but a chance that someone could get a blueprint with every polish/motivate.

This question of mine was brought on because a certain guild member of mine claims that we do not polish/motivate enough in the guild (his numbers are way off though as I know for a fact he is miscounting). Part of his 'evidence' is that he got 4 blueprints for great buildings he already has and those blueprints could have gone to other guild members. The only way those prints could have been procured by another guild member is the Easter-egg hunt type scenario. I tend to think blueprint drops are more specific to players and that whatever algorithm is in place to generate the drops does indeed recycle after a period of time.

I hope this ramble makes sense. Thank to all that respond with valuable input.
    Last edited by Manwe; 23-04-2013 at 01:25.

It seems that you are asking for the 'secret formula' the developers use to randomize blueprint drops. But that is a secret formula.

byeordie's Journal

I really hope there isn't, so no one can abuse it if someone actually found it out.
    ByeorDie - Wishing Well Tracker

Questions? Ideas? Need Assistance? That's what the forums are for!

Quote Originally Posted by GrossEyeEh View Post
    It seems that you are asking for the 'secret formula' the developers use to randomize blueprint drops. But that is a secret formula.
    nah, just a confirmation either way.

The thing about BP that is so upsetting to me, is the duplicates for building(s) I already have. Can someone tell me what good it does to get WORTHLESS BP's?? You contribute FP's to help others grow their GB's, get first place awards, then receive a stinkin' BP that you can't even use!! This is making me VERY upset. I'm just about done with this game strictly because of THIS problem!!

Lord Zion, it is always good to see new posters. Often they begin posting because they are frustrated with some part of the game. What you seem to missing is the part where you learn, adapt, and overcome. The game is meant to be a challenge.

Now that you have seen how to earn 'worthless' bps, you can use the same tactic to get valuable bps. Contribute FP's to help others grow a GB that YOU need bps for. That way you help them and earn BPs that you need. What you have previously done is compete with some other poor sap who NEEDS those bp that you have won and are now complaining about. I bet he is just as peeved as you are.

I am not sure that Lord Zion knows that you only get BPs for the GB you are donating to. If you are donating and win BPs from a tower of babel, you will only get BPs for the tower of babel. You can't blame anyone but yourself in that situation. I would also add that I have read somewhere on here that the devs have indicated that there is going to be a use for the BPs from GBs you don't need.

Brigadier-General kingjoseph2000's Avatar

Hi Lord of Zion,
    I think the below post by blacksmith must relieve you to some extend

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    Hey folks

Finished Great Buildings Blueprints

Getting tired of getting the same blueprints for great buildings already completed? Well soon you will be able to do 'wonderous' things with them.

Chief Warrant Officer

Quote Originally Posted by kingjoseph2000 View Post
    Hi Lord of Zion,
    I think the below post by blacksmith must relieve you to some extend
    Again, so wonderful for those who have built the Great Albatrosses. What about the dups. for those not built? And, DON'T say trade 2:1. That is not an option (read other posts on the trade function - and I agree with all of them) . . . . mk

To kingjoseph2000: Well he also once claimed how we will get a new use for medals that will be so great and massive that everyone will be running storm grabbing up any medals out there - we got the Da Vinci quest line :P

To OP: Anyways the diminshing BP return rate that works in cycles was originally one of my theories. Devs have not shared much information on exactly how the odds of finding a BP work, so it is just one of many observational theories out there trying to explain the unknown. Although it might be little too complicated to actually be true, it would appear rather rational that devs just kept it a small fixed percentage odds and anything else is just human mind trying to make sense of randomness. But since it would make some good sense gaming logic wise, I quess it could be still a possibility that the BP drop formula is little more complex than just a flat out odd, so I am not writing it off yet until we got better information on the matter. You know, kinda like Mongols worshiping gods of all religions at same time just to increase the odds of "getting it right" with one of em :P

The easter egg hunt theory I find very very unlikely though.