Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading a blueprint piece with 2 copies leads to loosing blueprints pieces

Private

build Trading a blueprint piece with 2 copies leads to loosing blueprints pieces

Wanting to test the newly introduced great building blueprint trading feature I managed to get 2 blueprint pieces deleted.

Apparently if you click on a blueprint piece of which you have only one copy, then on a blueprint piece of which you have duplicates enables the "Trade 2:1" button incorrectly (from my point of view). At this point if you click the "Trade 2:1" button 2 pieces are deducted from the piece of which you have duplicates and you receive another copy of the piece of which you had only one copy.

Not being sure what really happened the first time I tried again

Result: Tower of Babel Southwest + Tower of Babel Southeast pieces lost after almost 3 weeks of supporting the building of a great building and about 180 forge points lost ... and getting another copy of a piece I already had

See detailed bug description below (for developers).

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open the Inventory and navigate to the Great Buildings tab
    2. Click on the Tower of Babel tile to open it's sheet
    3. Click on a blueprint piece of which you have only one copy (hint is incorrect here: "1 copies")
    4. Click on a blueprint piece of which you have exactly 2 copies
    5. Click on the "Trade 2:1" button and click on any piece from the set
    6. Click on the "Cancel" button or the X (close) button in the upper right corner of the sheet to close the Tower of Babel sheet

Expected results:
    1. Great Buildings tab is displayed
    2. Tower of Babel sheet is displayed
    3. Blueprint piece is highlighted when hovered over, but cannot be selected (as it would be unwise to trade you're only copy)
    4. Blueprint piece is highlighted when hovered over and remains highlighted IF clicked on
    5. The "Trade 2:1" remains inactive, unless you have AT LEAST 3 copies of the blueprint piece with duplicates (if the button is inactive the chance to accidental trade is reduced, but a confirmation message detailing the blueprint pieces to be traded + required piece would be preferable)
    6. The position of the Tower of Babel tile in the Inventory remains unchanged

Actual results:
    1. Great Buildings tab is displayed
    2. Tower of Babel sheet is displayed
    3. Blueprint piece is highlighted when hovered over, but DOESN'T remain highlighted when clicked on
    4. Blueprint piece is highlighted when hovered over and remains highlighted IF clicked on + the "Trade 2:1" button becomes active
    5. Two copies of the piece of which you had 2 are removed (leaving you with a missing piece!) and 1 copy of the selected piece is added
    6. The position of the Tower of Babel tile in the Inventory is changed (see attached screenshot)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I lost several BP's trading duplicates. I started with a total of 16, and was only missing 2. I now have 9, and only gained 1. But, I only have 1 duplicate now. Some of the trades gave nothing back in return, just took pieces.

oh... I tested it (with St. Marks) and I can confirm it jegesmu O.รด

That's a reeeal evil bug! So be careful with trading BP, if u normally do not have enough!
    Last edited by Serpens66; 09-01-2013 at 23:39.
    Inactive for ever.
    If u have a question and need a good answer, ask "hint", "byeordie" or "Martynius", they are really good players
    Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Zitua View Post
    I lost several BP's trading duplicates. I started with a total of 16, and was only missing 2. I now have 9, and only gained 1. But, I only have 1 duplicate now. Some of the trades gave nothing back in return, just took pieces.
    Are you sure they didn't give you more duplicate pieces, possibly even the same pieces as the once you have traded? They are random.

Private

Unfortunately it not the case that I got a random piece of blueprint and haven't noticed: I went through my entire Inventory just to be sure.

Addition to the original issue:
    In the same set Tower of Babel set I had to pieces of which I had exactly 2 copies each.
    I selected both pieces and clicked "Trade 2:1". At first I haven't noticed it but indeed I got a new random piece (which is OK), but didn't get any message about the result of the trade itself.

I guess a confirmation message would be useful to give a visual feedback (e.g. a message like the one you get when helping leveling up a friends great building) that displays the name and picture of the blueprint tile that you've received as a result of the trade.

just to make it clear: The issue is not, which BP u get. The Issue jegesmu descripes is that it is possible to trade like this:
    u have:
    1 0 0
    0 2 0
    0 0 0

Then u make, what jegesmu descripes and the result will be, that u traded the 2 BP to another one and lost the centre.
    So the result could be:
    1 1 0
    0 0 0
    0 0 0

But this should not be possible.
    Last edited by Serpens66; 10-01-2013 at 08:40.
    Inactive for ever.
    If u have a question and need a good answer, ask "hint", "byeordie" or "Martynius", they are really good players
    Have fun

Private

From my point of view there should be 2 choices to trade duplicates:

Case 1:
    You have at least 3 copies of the same piece and you want to trade the 2 extra pieces.
    In this case if you select the piece of which 3 copies the "Trade 2:1" button becomes active.

Case 2:
    You have exactly 2 copies of one piece.
    In this case if you select the piece of which you have exactly 2 copies the "Trade 2:1" button remains inactive until you select another piece of which you have MORE THEN ONE copy.

Note:
    In both cases I would recommend giving a visual feedback to the player about the blueprint pieces that he is about to trade in and ask his confirmation.

Master Corporal

0.24.11677 i cant select blueprint if i only have one of it only when i have 2 or more but trick works
    picture is before and after trick

Last edited by j0ggy; 10-01-2013 at 10:16.

Quote Originally Posted by jegesmu View Post
    From my point of view there should be 2 choices to trade duplicates:

Case 1:
    You have at least 3 copies of the same piece and you want to trade the 2 extra pieces.
    In this case if you select the piece of which 3 copies the "Trade 2:1" button becomes active.

Case 2:
    You have exactly 2 copies of one piece.
    In this case if you select the piece of which you have exactly 2 copies the "Trade 2:1" button remains inactive until you select another piece of which you have MORE THEN ONE copy.

Note:
    In both cases I would recommend giving a visual feedback to the player about the blueprint pieces that he is about to trade in and ask his confirmation.
    this two cases u mentioned are the cases wich were intended by the developers
    A confirmation button is already there, isn't it?

U should make an idea-Thread in idea-section, if u want to discuss about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by jegesmu View Post
    I guess a confirmation message would be useful to give a visual feedback (e.g. a message like the one you get when helping leveling up a friends great building) that displays the name and picture of the blueprint tile that you've received as a result of the trade.
    Inactive for ever.
    Have fun

Hi- I just got a duplicate BP from polishing a clanmate (thank you). My problem is that when I highlight the duplicate section, it will not allow me to trade it in for a new BP of the same building. Just gives me no option & the color of the button does not change. Any ideas?