• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Default army selection

NoblePaul17

Private
When opening up army selection it always ( in my case) defaults to Ranged Units, is there away that this default can be changed

Ashtro

Lieutenant Colonel
It only takes you one little tap or a little click to navigate away from the Ranged units. Would you think it's wise to even implement a change in this?

NoblePaul17

Private
Multiply that "one little click " by the amount of times you do it in GE, GbG, GvG, PvP equals alot. I do play alot and also have Arthritis in both hands, years of being a manual worker sorted that for me. it was a simple question, so I take it the answer is it cant be done, I wasn't looking to change anything

Knight of ICE

When opening up army selection it always ( in my case) defaults to Ranged Units, is there away that this default can be changed

It opens to your last used army, so you must have been using Ranged Units.

It opens to your last used army, so you must have been using Ranged Units.
Yes, the selected army stays the same.
But the list of available units jumps back to "all units" every time, with ranged units first.
If you want to select another type of unit for the army, you have to scroll through the list of units or click on one of the unit type buttons.
Would be nice if it showed the last selected unit type instead of jumping back to "all units".

Knight of ICE

Yes, the selected army stays the same.
But the list of available units jumps back to "all units" every time, with ranged units first.
If you want to select another type of unit for the army, you have to scroll through the list of units or click on one of the unit type buttons.
Would be nice if it showed the last selected unit type instead of jumping back to "all units".

If you have your units stacked you can see all available units and you do not have to scroll. Even better if you have the age set.

If you have your units stacked you can see all available units and you do not have to scroll. Even better if you have the age set.
Yeah, true, but that only works until wounded units fill up the space between the healthy stacked units.
And btw - as it's been mentioned in the feedback thread about stacked units - the stacked units make army arrangement laggy. The solution Inno came up with to fix this issue was to give us an option in settings to turn off stacked units,

Knight of ICE

Yeah, true, but that only works until wounded units fill up the space between the healthy stacked units.
And btw - as it's been mentioned in the feedback thread about stacked units - the stacked units make army arrangement laggy. The solution Inno came up with to fix this issue was to give us an option in settings to turn off stacked units,

Don't know about you, but I am on a PC. Since it does not matter what defending units I use I use units from another age, so they are not in my way. An alternative would be not to use defending units at all. Wounded units can get in the way but let's be realistic. How many unit types do you use in your attack? I only one, so wounded units are not really an issue, since they will always be after the unit I use. It can make it harder if you use rogues, but why should you? There is absolutely no need to use rogues. Maybe stacked units make army management laggy, but for me it makes no difference at all. Could be those are all app issues, but cmpared to the PC, army management on the app is poor anyhow.

Don't know about you, but I am on a PC. Since it does not matter what defending units I use I use units from another age, so they are not in my way. An alternative would be not to use defending units at all. Wounded units can get in the way but let's be realistic. How many unit types do you use in your attack? I only one, so wounded units are not really an issue, since they will always be after the unit I use. It can make it harder if you use rogues, but why should you? There is absolutely no need to use rogues. Maybe stacked units make army management laggy, but for me it makes no difference at all. Could be those are all app issues, but cmpared to the PC, army management on the app is poor anyhow.
Defending units, sure, you can get rid of them at the start of the list by using units from a lower age or none at all. It doesn't really make a big difference anyway.
Wounded units get in the way if you use more than one type of unit. It's not a big issue, but it would be nice with an option to switch them off.
Rogues. I stopped using rogues when I reached the space ages. For lower ages they are useful in attack armies together with 1-2 regular units. Quite a common setup.
I'm on PC. Hate playing on app. For me, army management are much more laggy when stacked units are activated. Pretty sure it's not just me. I know other players with the same problem. And as said, the issue was raised in the feedback for the stacked units update.

Knight of ICE

For me, army management are much more laggy when stacked units are activated. Pretty sure it's not just me. I know other players with the same problem. And as said, the issue was raised in the feedback for the stacked units update.

I know it was raised, but I have no lag at all, so it is not something that is only on Inno's side.

Vesiger

Monarch
I haven't noticed any lag, and I'm on a pretty old device. And the stacked army units make army management a great deal easier on mobile - drag and drop is actually a option, whereas before you had to drag the units so far that half the time they didn't reliably make it to the army window at all.

NoblePaul17

Private
Cheers Guys, tried some of the things said, stacking unit set up is def not for me, that was switched off, and as has already been said it has a default setting, that was my main contention, suppose it somthing that I will have to learn to live with.
@ Ice, how you can play with only one unit in your line up beats me, I'm in SAT and soon run out of units even with a lvl 101 Traz to hand, yep know what your gonna say... work on my AA/AD% - its in hand (after Pegasus )

Nidwin

Sergeant
I'm not linked
You are in SAT. Att/def of your attacking units is an issue ofcourse, but chosing units also is. I am in SAT as well, but I fight with 8 Abyssal Gliders. They start first and with their range and movement every first shot is a hit. I can go a real long way with those in GBG. In the end I switch to 8 Permafrost Drones. They hit way less on the first attempt, but last longer in a fight.
Is this way of fighting linked to time constraints for you Ice?
May be the need to get all your fights out as soon as possible before the map locks?